poor slot connections?

Paul Giovacchini orac at chinet.chi.il.us
Thu Jun 20 17:36:32 AEST 1991

In article <1991Jun18.025840.23540 at yenta.alb.nm.us> dt at yenta.alb.nm.us (David B. Thomas) writes:

>I have been having intermittent failures with my voice power card, and
>have now discovered that if I jiggle it by the handle (even with it
>still screwed to the 3b1 chassis), it will start working again.  In
>light of this, I suspect the 99pin connector.

>Anybody else had trouble with these connectors?  I've always been suspicious
>because I didn't feel a very positive snug fit when inserting cards, but
>until now, I've never had a failure.

	I have a similar problem with my RAM card.  But the diference
is that reseating the card sometimes work, other times not.  I also
suspect that the card is getting old.  I do see that one of the holes
on the card is more warn than the others.  Bent pin?  It is hard to see
in the slot cavity, making it hard to tell.  Any ideas?  ( the problem
manifests itself as parity errors, lock ups when booting and while running,
and disk problems. )