While I have the case open...

Chris Rende car at trux.UUCP
Sat Jun 8 05:52:04 AEST 1991

I'll be opening the case of my 3b1 in the near future.

While I've got it open, what all should I do?

Here is a list of what I have planned:

- Replace the fan. (It's been doing the fast/slow/fast/slow act. This is my
  main reason for opening the case).

- Clean the dust out.

What markings or numbers should I look for that may be of future interest?

I have a spare WD2010 HD controller chip that I got real cheap. Are there
any advantages to installing the WD2010 if I don't plan to use more than
1024 cylinders or more than 1 hard disk?

car.
--
Christopher A. Rende           Central Cartage (Nixdorf/Pyramid/SysVR2/BSD4.3)
uunet!edsews!rphroy!trux!car   Multics,DTSS,Unix,Shortwave,Scanners,UnixPC/3B1