mgr question

Rex Fowler rmfowler at texrex.uucp
Thu Jun 20 13:45:06 AEST 1991

I have purchased a vidpal but have yet to install it.  I'd like to know a
little more about what I gain/lose before I make a (permanent?) change.

How similar is MGR to X?  What can MGR do?  Can I copy text from window-to-
window?   Can I pop windows open "at will"?   Can I change the geometry
of a window so that a window that is only 6" x 6" still has 24 rows x 80
columns?  Are there fonts to support this sort of thing?

Is installing the vidpal irreversible?

I've heard a lot of positive comments over the past few months but
only things like "you'll like it", "I like it", "It's a nice environment".
I'd like to know some more detail, especially from those of you who are
familiar with X.

Thanks

--
Rex Fowler <rmfowler at texrex.cirr.com>