csh

Mark J. Horn sparkie at picard.cs.wisc.edu
Sat Mar 9 08:35:19 AEST 1991

In article <1991Mar7.043142.9412 at blilly.UUCP> bruce at balilly.UUCP (Bruce Lilly) writes:

[ ... ]

>So use ksh. The version on osu-cis from the STORE is reasonably recent,
>and does do filename completion, as well as many of the other ksh
>features.

[ ... ]

Simply put - I LOVE ksh.  Anyone that has ever had to write shell scripts
in csh and had to explicitly unset every variable after they were done with
it knows what I mean, BUT!! csh had the easiest filename completion that I've
ever tried.  Simply "set filec" then <ESC> would attempt to complete any file
that you began to type.  Now as far as I know, the way to use filename
completion in ksh is to use <CTRL-8>.  That has not, to this day, worked...
ever!  A bunch of garbage that contains some remnants of part of the filename
shows up, but that's it.  It is NOT usable.

Soooo...what am I doing wrong?  I believe I have to ksh that came with the
FIXDISK_2.0 stuff.  I've heard reports that this ksh sucks.  What's the scoop?
Will the ksh on the STORE fix my problem?

TIA,
- sparkie
p.s.	BTW, mail on this machine is broken :-(  Try sending it to:
		harier!sparkie at cs.wisc.edu
	instead!  Tnx, again.
--
/ __\| . \/ . \| . \| |/ /|_|| _ |	sparkie at picard.cs.wisc.edu