Repost of Hayes UUCP setup article

Marc Weinstein mhw at fithp.uucp
Fri Mar 15 06:06:22 AEST 1991

Here's a repost of the Hayes setup article posted sometime ago.  These
instructions were working fine for me (prior to my recent postings).

Most of the Hayes problems sent to me should be fixed by these instructions.
My only change was to modify the Dialers line to the following:

hayes	=W-,	"" \MATQ0DT\T\r CONNECT \m\c
hayes_d =,-,	"" \M\dATQ0\r OK

The E1 setting suggested below CAN cause problems since the characters
sent to the modem during dialout are echoed back to the PC.

---------