Not again (BSD etc. ports)

David B. Thomas dt at yenta.alb.nm.us
Sun Mar 24 11:52:30 AEST 1991

wwm at wa8tzg.mi.org (Bill Meahan) writes:

>I will probably install MGR (using the software vidpal) in the next week
>or so.  Still: where are any applications for MGR??  Yes, there is a
>ported TeX previewer, but beyond that ???

>We need at least a port of [x]fig, plus other USEFUL tools, else it's
>just a pretty demo of what could be/have been.

Well, MGR comes with a complete programmer's interface guide, and it's
a great interface.  You can pretty much do anything you want!  I'll agree
that so far there's a shortage of aps, but so what?  Any curses-based
ap will run in an MGR window, so with MGR, you have a super unix workstation,
regardless of any special aps.  I'm happy with MGR all by itself.

Porting to MGR should be a breeze, anyway.  I've written some piddly little
MGR programs, like a daemon that runs in a window and shows the date and time
and who's on the system and stuff like that.  Naturally, if I write anything
worthwhile, I'll post it.  I'm planning on writing a font editor.

					little david
--
Bottom of stack = 0x40000
Stack pointer   = 0x3fffe