3B1 for sale

Mark Schulman mark at crescent.uucp
Wed Mar 6 09:38:54 AEST 1991

In <1991Feb28.201501.1431 at ccs.carleton.ca> Colin McFadyen writes:

> I am thinking about buying a 3b1.  As far as I know
> it has a 20Mb drive and half/Mb ram.

Suggest you don't, unless you're also willing to buy a combo board to
add some memory.  While the 3B1 is a wonderful machine, .5MB of RAM
is just not enough for Unix to run.  If you look at the machine side-
ways, it'll start swapping.

Also, 20MB is not much disk space.  If you want to do some word
processing, it might do, but don't even think of doing any program
development.

Look for a 3B1 with 2MB of RAM and a 67MB hard disk and you'll have
a fine machine.  But .5MB/20 is too small.

				Mark

Mark Schulman		(407) 661-8374	|			  cbis2!mls
Cincinnati Bell Information Systems	|	    att!auxnj!crescent!mark
851 Trafalgar Ct., Maitland, FL  32751	| uunet!tarpit!alfred!crescent!mark