Hard Disk Repair Tricks on a Two-Drive System

Floyd Davidson floyd at ims.alaska.edu
Wed Mar 27 01:51:57 AEST 1991

In article <1991Mar26.074933.868 at tc.fluke.COM> vince at tc.fluke.COM (Craig Johnson) writes:
>This posting covers several tricks I came up with while trying to repair
>a 20M Miniscribe hard disk by connecting it to a two-drive 3B1 with the
>bad disk set up as the second drive.  Most or all of these tricks can be
>applied to hard disk repairs on a single-drive system if you boot from a
>floppy file system and have the appropriate utilities available on it.

A very interesting article.  It should be archived on osu-cis.

I don't think Craig had that in mind when he wrote it, but maybe
he could be encouraged to give it a once over edit for just that
purpose (Craig?).

Floyd

--
Floyd L. Davidson  |  floyd at ims.alaska.edu   |  Alascom, Inc. pays me
Salcha, AK 99714   |    Univ. of Alaska      |  but not for opinions.