Eliminating the OBM

Daryl Biberdorf dlb5404 at tamuts.tamu.edu
Sun Mar 3 11:18:37 AEST 1991

In article <1991Mar2.072157.1220 at uncle.uucp> jbm at uncle.uucp (John B. Milton) writes:
>In article <295 at platypus.uofs.edu> bill at platypus.uofs.edu (Bill Gunshannon) writes:
>>Has anyone tried removing the OBM and converting /dev/ph1 to a real TTY?
>
>John Lydic has this one completely worked out, and it does work. With his idea
>you will have to set the baud rate with a dip switch, but hey! I'd do that to
>get another serial port. John has just received an EIA card and he recently
>got a TB, so he will soon become more net-connected.

Does John plan to make the plans for modifying the OBM port available?
I'd be interested in performing this modification to my machine.

>BTW, John Lydic has done a lot on something called the "Mondo Combo" card,

Drool, drool.  What is the projected release date for this thing?  This
would definitely prolong the life of the 3B1.  What kind of price is John
thinking of right now?  $100, $5, ? :)

--Daryl Biberdorf,   dlb5404@{rigel,tamuts}.tamu.edu
  Texas A&M University