Do you use MS-DOS format floppies?

David B. Thomas dt at yenta.alb.nm.us
Sat Mar 16 11:23:17 AEST 1991

mvadh at cbnews.att.com (andrew.d.hay) writes:

>In article <1991Mar14.212645.10354 at ssd.kodak.com> staffan at phos.serum.kodak.com (Kenneth Staffan (x37507)) writes:
>" [ often cannot read perfectly good MSDOS disks with 3b1 ]

>the at has a 1.2M drive, right?
> [ suggests the high-low density issue is the problem ]

No, that's not it in my case.  I have taken virgin floppies, formatted
them on a low density drive on a dos box, and copied files to them.
On moving them to the 3b1, some read with mtools, and some do not.
Those that do not read can still read with dd(1) from beginning to end,
so the 3b1 can read the data, it just can't understand it.  I think mtools
needs a little improvement (or I need a newer version).

					little david
--
Bottom of stack = 0x40000
Stack pointer   = 0x3fffe