mailx: vi/emacs problem

Chris Rende car at trux.UUCP
Fri Mar 1 08:13:20 AEST 1991

I am having a very strange problem with mailx that I can't figure out!

When I give mailx the 'vi' command, it replies:

emacs: not found

or something like that. (I don't have emacs on the system).

I can't figure out why the 'vi' command is trying to call emacs.
In my environment, the shell variable EDITOR is set to 'vi'.
In my .mailrc, I have a line like this: set EDITOR=vi

Why is mailx trying to call emacs?!?! Where else can I look?

car.
--
Christopher A. Rende           Central Cartage (Nixdorf/Pyramid/SysVR2/BSD4.3)
uunet!edsews!rphroy!trux!car   Multics,DTSS,Unix,Shortwave,Scanners,UnixPC/3B1