comp.sources.3b1

Kris A. Kugel kak at hico2.UUCP
Wed Mar 6 07:48:29 AEST 1991

In article <1991Feb22.032323.10265 at ceilidh.beartrack.com>, dnichols at ceilidh.beartrack.com (DoN Nichols) writes:
> > - to include clues to the code, items, things other than come with a stock
> >   3b1, that posted source depends on.
>
> 	Add to that a note in the notes with the sources archives on osu-cis
> which suggest other packages which should be snarfed at the same time to
> complete a project.

> Donald Nichols (DoN.) <dnichols at ceilidh.beartrack.com>

I dunno, I suspect what we need is a standard map, not one for each project.
If I'm no longer sure of all the modifications I've added to my 3b1's
hardware and software, I may make a mistake when specifying what you need
to run/compile the stuff.  Large projects choke on this kind of activity;
at least some good stuff gets out the door for the 3b1, and nobody's
sinking money to pay for development overhead.

If somebody wants to volunteer to spend the 100-hours or more to
organize, document, and make dependency graphs for the user and other
generated software available on osu-cis and other places, I'll cheer
them on.  But without an economic incentive, who has time to do it?

                               Kris A. Kugel
                             ( 908 ) 842-2707
                      uunet!tsdiag.ccur.com!hico2!kak
                        {daver,ditka,zorch}!hico2!kak