How to fix "disk almost full" message

Steve Urich beyo at beyonet.UUCP
Sun Mar 31 20:31:56 AEST 1991

In article <926 at jonlab.UUCP>, jon at jonlab.UUCP (Jon H. LaBadie) writes:
> In article <17298 at venera.isi.edu>, arens at ISI.EDU (Yigal Arens) writes:
> > A week or so ago I asked for advice on how to get rid of that annoying
> > "disk almost full" message that pops up in a window every few minutes
> > when free disk space drops below 5%.

	<*> The keywords here are ""disk almost full" message that pops
	    up in a WINDOW (not icon) :-). You must have an older version
	    of Software.

> I've not seen what I think is the best solution.  Ignore the icon after
> you first read it.  It is only there as a warning, and if you do not
> read the message, smgr takes no further action.  Later when you free
>
> Jon

	<*> Therefore Mr. Arens can't help but see the "disk almost full"
	    message every few minutes. That is a real annoyance.

	    I sort of like the "Gas gauge meter on E Icon" :-). I thought
	    that this improved was a good fix for the earlier version.

						Steve Urich WB3FTP

						dsinc!wells!beyonet!beyo