UNIX(r) PC Repairs

Gary S. Trujillo gst at gnosys.svle.ma.us
Tue Mar 5 19:45:08 AEST 1991

In <1991Mar1.210914.1606 at cbnewsj.att.com> k2ph at cbnewsj.att.com
	(The QRPer) writes:

> Does anyone know of a good, cheap, reputable place for getting
> UNIX(r) PCs or UNIX(r) PC components repaired?  I once had the
> address and phone number for a Small Computer Repair Company.
> Do they still exist?  If so, anybody have the address and phone
> number?

The following article is a year old.  Maybe Thad can tell us if they're
still in business.

Note:  Thad's address is now "thad at public.btr.com".

Newsgroups: unix-pc.general,comp.sys.att
Subject: New repair co. for 6300,6300+,7300,3B1,UNIXPC (Commercial Msg)
Date: 28 Feb 90 10:43:47 GMT

WARNING: Commercial message.  If you think this is an inapproprate posting
(I don't) then flame me privately via email.  If you can suggest ANY other
way to publicize this necessary info, I'd like to hear about it as there are
MANY people owning/using AT&T computers who need this info.

By the time you read this, the AT&T San Leandro (California) repair site will
have closed its doors (Wednesday, 28-Feb-1990).

As many of you know, that site was the world-wide repair center for AT&T's
6300, 6300+, 7300, 3B1 and UNIXPC computers.

The business of that repair center has been assumed by a new venture named
``A Small Computer Repair Company'' (ASCRC) and the repair work will be
continued by the guy who was doing it at AT&T, Ben Wollberg.  Several others
(myself included) will help with startup financing and locating parts and
supplies and doing other errands since we don't want people left in the lurch.

The previous pricing structure will be maintained and all types of repairs
AND upgrades will be available.  Among the types of services provided by
ASCRC are monitor repairs, HD repairs and/or exchanges, etc.   Most (if not
all) the existing parts inventory has been acquired by ASCRC, and services for
everything up to and including complete motherboard replacements for any of
the above listed systems are available.

Everyone involved with ASCRC has full-time "day" jobs; ASCRC's activities are
evening- and weekend-based.  ASCRC's charter is to help people maintain and
upgrade their systems properly; in one sense, this is a larger continuation
of what we do for others in the user group meetings (as those who've seen my
hardware demos will attest).  ASCRC's goal is to also turn a "modest" profit
to compensate for parts, time and expertise, hence my prefixing this posting
with the comment "Commercial message."

For more information and/or to arrange servicing, contact:

	A Small Computer Repair Company
	5762 Dichondra Place
	Newark, CA  94560

or call either:

	(415) 430-9226, or
	(415) 793-6980

If you need further assistance, contact me via email.

Thad Floryan [ thad at cup.portal.com (OR) ..!sun!portal!cup.portal.com!thad ]
    Gary S. Trujillo                            gst at gnosys.svle.ma.us
Somerville, Massachusetts              {wjh12,bu.edu,spdcc,ima,cdp}!gnosys!gst