stty: : Not a typewriter

Dave Snyder dave at das13.snide.com
Thu Mar 7 13:21:53 AEST 1991

In article <1495 at das13.snide.com>, dave at das13.snide.com (Dave Snyder) writes:
= That's the error message I get while doing various things on my machine.
=
= For example: when in vi, I like to read in the current date & time by typing
= "!!date".  What that does is fork a shell, run date and the output of date is
= read into the buffer (see example below).
=
= Wed Mar  6 07:31:23 EST 1991
=
=
= Now for some strange reason, this is what I get when I type "!!date".
=
= stty: : Not a typewriter
= Wed Mar  6 07:38:47 EST 1991
=
=
= Anyone have any ideas?
=
I know, you're not supposed to follow-up your own articles... but I do have
more information...  This error is really system error 25 and it only shows
up when the login shell is /bin/ksh instead of /bin/sh.  Is this weird?
Please, ideas anyone?

DAS
--
David A. Snyder @ Snide Inc. - Folcroft, PA