Floppy problem (& multiple boots)

Gordon C Zaft zaft at suned1.nswses.navy.mil
Mon Mar 4 10:32:59 AEST 1991

	Well, I was too smart by half for my britches.  My newly arrived
7300 was working nicely, but I decided to replace the floppy drive since
(as I'd been warned) the floppy drive was screwy (it would read floppies
but not write/format).

	I went out and bought a nice, brand-new Teac 55BR; changed the
jumper for drive select to DS0, and put it in the machine.  Now the
drive won't format, write, OR read!  Any brilliant ideas?  There's
only one line of jumpers I can see, and the only jumper that made
sense to me was the drive select.  The old drive had oodles of jumpers
on it, but then, it had a lot more chips on  it too.

	As if that wasn't bad enough, at the same time (I THINK) as I
changed the floppy drive, the machine starting to do the double-boot
thing on powerup; it would boot, get to "checking stored files", then
reboot and be fine.  If I rebooted once the machine had been up,
it was fine.  Is this a power supply problem or is it related to the
floppy thing?

	This is a 1 MB motherboard; I'm running 3.51 (no fixdisk yet,
I wanted to be able to save it floppy before installing it!).  The
old floppy was a  Teac 55B.  I also have a 0.5M RAM card in the
machine.

	Thanks in advance.
--
+  Gordon Zaft                        |  zaft at suned1.nswses.navy.mil         +