help with my EIA combo board

The QRPer k2ph at cbnewsj.att.com
Tue Mar 19 07:38:47 AEST 1991

>From article <638 at av8tr.UUCP>, by elliston at av8tr.UUCP (Keith Elliston):
> Hello
>
> I recently posted about problems with my 7300 (av8tr), and have decided
> to take some of the advice.  So, I took out my 512K expansion boards (2),
> populated the EIA combo with 1.5, and thoroughly cleaned out the machine
> (the infamous Dust Bunny treatment).  I also made sure all my connections to
> the powersupply and disk were good.
>
> One problem so far...  I don't know how to configure the jumpers on the
> combo board for 1.5 Mb.  I only get 0.5 out of it.  So, could some kind
> soul tell me how to configure the board for 1.5?  I installed 36 addtn'l
> 256k/80ns chips on the board.
>
> Thanks
>
> Keith
>

> --
> Keith O. Elliston          elliston at av8tr.UUCP           elliston at msdrl.com
> AA5A N9734U                elliston at mbcl.rutgers.edu     elliston at biovax.bitnet
> "Beware of pseudo-experts with a mission and a grudge, especially if they are
>  lawyers pretending to be scientists." -- H.W. Lewis in 'Technological Risk'

Here's the table from the EIA/RAM Combo Board Installation Guide:

RAM        W1     W2     W3     Rows Populated with ICs
0.0       OFF    OFF    OFF     NONE
0.5       OFF     ON     ON     5 and 6
1.0        ON    OFF     ON     7 through 10
1.5        ON     ON    OFF     5 through 10

It really works.  I upgraded mine in steps, so I know that these
jumper settings work.

Bob Schreibmaier K2PH  | UUCP: att!oblivion!k2ph or k2ph at oblivion.att.com
AT&T Bell Laboratories | ARPA: k2ph%oblivion at att.arpa
Lincroft, N.J. 07738   | ICBM: 40o21'N, 74o8'W