Paranoia freaks under SVS Fortran!

Jeffrey L Bromberger jeffrey at sci.ccny.cuny.edu
Tue Mar 5 01:24:39 AEST 1991

In article <1991Mar3.154854.28924 at bronze.ucs.indiana.edu> templon at copper.ucs.indiana.edu (jeffrey templon) writes:
>In article <1991Mar3.013043.7243 at sci.ccny.cuny.edu> I wrote:
>>BTW: even after fixing the libraries, nothing
>>improved.  Not a single thing.  How's that for a bummer!
>
>That's kind of strange; why wouldn't things get better after fixing the
>floating point libraries??  That must mean that they are not really
>fixed.

Well, after looking carefully at the Paranoia program I have come to
the conclusion that the fix really has little to do with what this
program is testing.  That fix, if you remember, adjusted the max
values for double precision numbers.  This would have really no
effect on how well she rounds.  :-(

As for a duplicate library, that might not be such a bad idea.  I'll
look into it and see what I get.

Jeffrey L. Bromberger
System Operator---City College of New York---Science Computing Facility
jeffrey at sci.ccny.cuny.edu			jeffrey at ccnysci.BITNET
	Anywhere!{cmcl2,philabs,phri}!ccnysci!jeffrey