Floppy problem (& multiple boots)

Gordon C Zaft zaft at suned1.nswses.navy.mil
Wed Mar 6 04:55:44 AEST 1991

	Hi!  Like Floyd reported, my OLD Teac 55B is now working fine, thanks
to a little judicious cleaning of the write protect sensor (not bad, since
I bought the machine with the assumption that it was bad (I'd been told it
didn't work)).

	The 55BR still doesn't work.  I'm assuming it's some kind of jumper
problem, since it just plain doesn't have as many jumpers on it as the
older drive.  I'm not too worried, though, since I have an older Teac
that has a marginal drive door that I could use as a desperation spare,
and the new 55BR could replace that one (it's currently in my PC).

	The multiple boot problem is still with me, but I had some
ideas given me via e-mail as to things I could do.  I was indeed using
the shutdown from the menu and waiting until it said to turn the machine
off.

	Thanks a lot!  I got FIXDISK 2.0 put on the machine last night.
Next stop is HDB3.5 and setting myself up as a uucp site....

--
+  Gordon Zaft                        |  zaft at suned1.nswses.navy.mil         +
+  NSWSES, Code 4Y33                  |  suned1!zaft at elroy.jpl.nasa.gov      +