and nroff (Re: Drawing Programs, Printers . . . )

Greg A. Woods woods at eci386.uucp
Sat Mar 9 05:32:53 AEST 1991

[ Why or why are people still cross-posting comp.sys.3b1 and
comp.sys.att?  I've changed that to comp.text which is far more
relevant, though comp.graphics may also be appropriate. ]

In article <1181 at hico2.UUCP> kak at hico2.UUCP (Kris A. Kugel) writes:
> What *I'd* like is the program that looks like "MacPaint" or Cheapdraw
> and outputs PIC language graphics so I can include them in my documents.
> I was hoping Hans Jespersen (was: hjespersen at lion.uwaterloo.ca) would
> port or post a version of this tool that runs on the blit terminals

What you are talking about is cip (or the newer xcip), which is indeed
a mouse-driven, menued, object oriented, graphics drawing package,
which does indeed spit out PIC.

I kind of doubt Hans can post a port of cip or xcip, since they are
licensed AT&T software.

However, anyone can buy them from the AT&T Toolchest for a very low
price.  They come in source form, and are part of the 630-pkg.

There's also a new package for the X Window System (Open Look) called
Picasso.  I'm not sure how one would get this without also getting
DWB-3.1.
--
							Greg A. Woods
woods@{eci386,gate,robohack,ontmoh,tmsoft}.UUCP		ECI and UniForum Canada