and nroff (Re: Drawing Programs, Printers . . . )

Mark A. Hartman hartman at abacab.UUCP
Mon Mar 11 02:04:50 AEST 1991

In article <668377781 at macbeth.cs.duke.edu> pusateri at duke.cs.duke.edu (Thomas J. Pusateri) writes:
->In article <1181 at hico2.UUCP> kak at hico2.UUCP (Kris A. Kugel) writes:
->>In article <5237 at umbc3.UMBC.EDU>, motteler at umbc4.umbc.edu (Howard E. Motteler) writes:
->>> What I'd *really* like to be able to do is to mix
->>> even some limited graphics (e.g., the "cheap draw" program's
->>> output) with the tex output.
->>. . .
->>What *I'd* like is the program that looks like "MacPaint" or Cheapdraw
->>and outputs PIC language graphics so I can include them in my documents.
->
->If you're familiar with the fig and xfig drawing tools, then you know that
->there is a utility to convert fig to pic (f2p) and fig to tex or latex
->(transfig). The fig file format is ascii, straight forward, and well defined.
->All we need to do is modify the cheapdraw output file to conform to fig file
->format and we're in business. There are several different versions of fig
->files. 1.3, 1.4, and 1.4X come to mind.

I wrote something called cdraw2fig a while back that does precisely that.
It is on its way to comp.sources.3b1 now.

Mark Hartman			hartman at abacab.chi.il.us
				Mark_A_Hartman at att.com