OSU archives need an active maintainer

Peter H. Schmidt pschmidt at athena.mit.edu
Mon Mar 18 05:58:39 AEST 1991

With some hesitation, I would like to suggest that Lenny turn over the
administration of the OSU archives to another volunteer.

According to my automated OSU checker, nothing has changed in the 3b1 archives
there since last November.  This concerns me, since OSU is a resource of great
value to the 3b1 community, and we need all the mutual help and support we can
provide each other.

Let me be clear in saying that I am not trying to lay any sort of blame here.
In fact, I'd like to take this opportunity to thank Lenny for his work on OSU,
and all his ICUS efforts with Gil; they have contributed substantially to the
continued usefulness of our machines.

I was psyched when Lenny took over the administration of the archives, because
of his experience with the 3b1 and his demonstrated philanthropy to the net.
And he did a great job getting it back up to speed after the hand-off.

However, situations change, and we're all probably familiar with the
incredible time demands generated by new jobs and priority projects at work.
I sent a note to Lenny about this, and took it as a sign of how busy he is
that I didn't get a reply.  Hence my suggestion for a new hand-off, hopefully
to someone with Internet access, since I believe that Lenny has to do it via
long-distance, which is probably above and beyond the call of duty.

So - Comments?  Volunteers?

Regards -- Peter
--
Peter H. Schmidt	| ...mit-eddie!winter!pschmidt
3 Colonial Village, #10	| winter!pschmidt at mit-eddie.mit.edu
Arlington, MA  02174	| -- Speaking for myself.