Help! Problem with modem/uugetty interaction

DoN Nichols dnichols at ceilidh.beartrack.com
Wed Mar 13 11:46:02 AEST 1991

In article <1991Mar12.054212.554 at fithp.uucp> mhw at fithp.uucp (Marc Weinstein) writes:
>I just switched over to a 3b1 from my old UNIX PC, and in the process I
>installed the 3.51 foundation set and the 3.51m upgrade (FIX DISK 2.0).
>For some reason, my external modem is now exhibitting a strange behavior
>that wasn't there before.
>
>With the uugetty running on the tty (tty002), when I try to place an

	[ ... ]

	Did you install the fixdisk on top of an already installed HDB
uucp?  If not, where did the uugetty come from?  When I've rebuilt, I've
installed 3.51, the development system, FIXDISK2.0+IN, and then HDBuucp.  I
don't know it the standard uucp and cu know about uugetty.

	Good Luck
		DoN.
--
Donald Nichols (DoN.)		| Voice (Days):	(703) 664-1585
D&D Data			| Voice (Eves):	(703) 938-4564