Getting rid of "disk almost full" message

Brian Rice bri at kpc.com
Wed Mar 27 11:07:33 AEST 1991

>	That's great news!  How easy is it to install?  Interfaces for
>    what programs/utilities come precooced (or does "everything" need
>    to be written/setup)?  How much HD room does it require?  What about
>    the telephony access (one good thing about UA is how well it's
>    interfaces with `async_main' for interactive use)?  And finally, how
>    easy/flexible is `mgr' to maintain/adjust for new users/uses?
>    I'd appreciate any comments, "in use" experiences, etc...

Aw, do I really have to answer ALL these questions?  Sheesh, worse than one
of my users.  Actually I recommend just getting it and installing it.  I am
a lowly System Admin and I figured it out... surely you can!   I seem to recall
that you need a total of about 5 megs for the source, two left over for the
binary (of course, after you finished building you can get rid of the source
or just put it back into a compress cpio file the way you got it.) and
that's about it.  Hmmm, flexible?  Well, since 'flexible' isn't a word you
can use regarding the UA I would have to say yes.  There is a learning curve
though... I would plan to spend about 1 hour with the included man pages
and about 6-8 hours with hands on.  WARNING: IF YOU ARE RUNNING WILL-GO-WRONG
TCP YOU HAD BETTER INSTALL THE PATCH... IT WILL FAIL OTHERWISE.

Have fun (though I recommend getting the daughter board) the stuff is
wonderful.

Brian Rice
Systems Admin
Kubota Pacific