Port of MINIX to Unix-PC

ac999321 ac999321 at umbc5.umbc.edu
Fri Mar 15 12:39:49 AEST 1991

In article <1991Mar14.054318.25699 at chance.UUCP> john at chance.UUCP (John R. MacMillan) writes:
>|Is anyone working on a port of MINIX to the AT&T Unix PC?
>|The machine is also called the 3B1 or 7300.
>
>A friend and I have just started, using the Atari ST source as a
>base.  We don't think it will be too hard, but we're both pretty busy,

WHAT????  Do you have this system confused with IBM's toy PC (and clones)?
The AT&T _Unix_ PC is named the Unix PC because it was designed to run
a derivative of AT&T's SysVR2, which comes with the machine.

Just curious; why would you want to port Minix to this system when you
already have a better version of Unix running on it?