and nroff (Re: Drawing Programs, Printers . . . )

Bill Meahan wwm at wa8tzg.mi.org
Sat Mar 16 10:21:34 AEST 1991

In article <526 at abacab.UUCP> hartman at abacab.UUCP (Mark A. Hartman) writes:
>In article <668377781 at macbeth.cs.duke.edu> pusateri at duke.cs.duke.edu (Thomas J. Pusateri) writes:
>->In article <1181 at hico2.UUCP> kak at hico2.UUCP (Kris A. Kugel) writes:
>->>In article <5237 at umbc3.UMBC.EDU>, motteler at umbc4.umbc.edu (Howard E. Motteler) writes:
>->>> What I'd *really* like to be able to do is to mix
>->>> even some limited graphics (e.g., the "cheap draw" program's
>->>> output) with the tex output.
>->>. . .
>->>What *I'd* like is the program that looks like "MacPaint" or Cheapdraw
>->>and outputs PIC language graphics so I can include them in my documents.
>->
>->If you're familiar with the fig and xfig drawing tools, then you know that
>->there is a utility to convert fig to pic (f2p) and fig to tex or latex
>->(transfig). The fig file format is ascii, straight forward, and well defined.
>->All we need to do is modify the cheapdraw output file to conform to fig file
>->format and we're in business. There are several different versions of fig
>->files. 1.3, 1.4, and 1.4X come to mind.
>
>I wrote something called cdraw2fig a while back that does precisely that.
>It is on its way to comp.sources.3b1 now.
>
>--
>Mark Hartman			hartman at abacab.chi.il.us
>				Mark_A_Hartman at att.com

Now, how about a port of [x]fig to MGR??  THAT woulod be nifty neat-o
and HIGHLY useful!!

Could it be done?  Why not?  How about an equivalent??

[If I understood graphics, I might have a go, but I do much better at
things like device drivers and communications.]
--
Bill Meahan (WA8TZG)             |   Programming is simple:
wwm at wa8tzg.mi.org  OR            |