Hardware freaks Unite (on this one)

DoN Nichols dnichols at ceilidh.beartrack.com
Thu Mar 28 14:14:51 AEST 1991

In article <1991Mar27.063904.10091 at chance.UUCP> john at chance.UUCP (John R. MacMillan) writes:

	[ ... ]

>Of course the only way to find out is for one of you folks who know
>which end of a soldering iron to hold to try it out... :-)

	Oh, the soldering iron does a good job of teaching that, the first
time you pick it up wrong after it has been plugged in. :-)

	I remember a advertisment in something like Electronic Design, in
the early '70s, in which the company had gotten a nice-looking secretary to
model for the photos to illustrate their experienced assemblers, and she was
holding the iron (an Ungar, if I remember right) by the CERAMIC HEATING
ELEMENT!

	We got a few chuckles out of that!  (From her expression, the iron
wasn't plugged in.)

	DoN.
--
Donald Nichols (DoN.)		| Voice (Days):	(703) 664-1585
D&D Data			| Voice (Eves):	(703) 938-4564