HD2 upgrade -- some missing info

Kevin O'Gorman kevin at kosman.UUCP
Wed Mar 27 11:11:52 AEST 1991

I got my Priam drive from A Cano's group buy, my DRUN patch instructions,
a new soldering station, and I'm finally getting around to installing the
first of my two HD2 upgrades.  I think I'm about done, but...

(aside)
What was the short rope for? Hanging myself?  (See shopping list item 7
which says see intruction 17, which doesn't seem to use the rope...
oh, there are *two* instructions 17...).
(back to basics)

I'm about where I should do the initial 'smoke test'.  But the little
HD2 board has no clear indication of the location of pin 1 on the headers.
Moreover, I discover I don't have enough ribbon cable to try this on my
drive(s), and there is no indication of how to back out to P5.1 use.

I would like to know these things, just to be sure: where is pin 1, and
do I just plug my PAL back in to go back to P5.1?

--
Kevin O'Gorman ( kevin at kosman.UUCP, kevin%kosman.uucp at nrc.com )
voice: 805-984-8042 Vital Computer Systems, 5115 Beachcomber, Oxnard, CA  93035