Silent mail handler

John R. MacMillan john at chance.UUCP
Wed Mar 27 15:49:16 AEST 1991

I wrote:

|MMDF - Not a huge following, but expect that to change somewhat as SCO
|is shipping MMDF as its default MTA.  It has a lot going for it, but
|also has some ugly bits.  It's very gentle on system resources.

One word of warning I should have mentioned: if you get a release of
MMDF up to and including release 43 that supports .forward files via the
DOTFORWARD configuration DO NOT use this feature, as it opens a major
security hole.  This problem does not occur in SCO's current MMDF or
the release 43 that they will be shipping.  Hopefully, releases after
43 will fix this (the fix is non-trivial; the easiest solution is to
remove the option).