YES! AN ALTERNATE SOURCE! (was Re: Looking for wd2010 and ...)

andrew.d.hay mvadh at cbnews.att.com
Tue Mar 26 21:39:27 AEST 1991

In article <1991Mar26.013555.12836 at swbatl.sbc.com> dwn at swbatl.sbc.com (David Neill-OKCy Mktg 405-278-4007) writes:
"Well, I'm trying again to find a source for the WD2010 chip.
[]
"	  Did anybody ever find out if the Intel 82064 is a plug-
"compatible replacement.

yes!  i tried one in my machine, an (the one that's to get a hd2 kit)
over the weekend.  it works perfectly, in my limited testing.
it was interesting that an already had the drun patch...
never thought i'd appreciate intel for *anything*.

"As long as I'm begging for easy answers, does anyone know of a real
"reasonable place to buy/order the Seagate ST-1100 (formerly called
"Imprimis Wren-Swift 94355-100)?

i got mine from micronational, which is locally based.  they are
seagate refurbished and cost me $925 for a pair with 1 90-day and 1
2-year warrantee.  this was a better price than i should have gotten,
but we'd already cut the deal when my salesbeing found out... (i was
told when i called back with some shipping information)

--
Ragged Individualist	| 			JAAAAAAANE!		       |