Different boot problem...

Thomas J. Pusateri pusateri at duke.cs.duke.edu
Sat Mar 2 05:43:06 AEST 1991

In article <12877 at helios.TAMU.EDU> n138ct at tamuts.tamu.edu (Brent Burton) writes:
>We *quickly* moved the 20M drive to my system, where it booted first.
>We shutdown, reassembled the machine, tried to reboot and it failed again
>(marching blocks).
>
>We tried 2 other times with failure.  Then, we decided to check the power
>supply voltages and the machine booted (this is insane).  Two other
>attempts at rebooting worked fine and it's running right now!!!

What does it do when it doesn't boot again? I missed that part. I had a
problem that I open the case, jingle some cables and get it to boot
and then when I put the case back on, it quick booting. (Mine displayed
this alternating pattern across the screen). Anyway, I finally figured
it out thanks to some help from the net. By reseating the 68010 cpu,
I have never had this problem again.

Tom

pusateri at nbsr.duke.edu
pusateri at cs.duke.edu