TONS of unix pc stuff for sale or trade!!

Mariusz Stanczak Mariusz at fbits.ttank.com
Sun Mar 10 21:49:09 AEST 1991

In article <1991Feb25.202111.7354 at isc.rit.edu>, jjwcmp at isc.rit.edu (Jeff Wasilko) writes:
> In article <1991Feb23.211446.3821 at yenta.alb.nm.us> dt at yenta.alb.nm.us (David B. Thomas) writes:
[[ about Computer Horizons ]]
> >Even if you have nothing to buy or sell just now, give her a call
[...]
> >nice to know we can still get this stuff.
> >

> Can't wait for tax-refund time! (-;
>
> Jeff

	Having had replaced 0.5MB motherboard with a 2.0MB one, to all those
    that contemplate the same (the price is right, and not only):
	- order a 3B1 power supply with the board (lucky me, I did...
	  for a different reason ;-)), or (would that be possible?)
	  make sure that the new board supplies HD power connector
	  directly from the board, a'la PC 7300.
	The "larger" board has this connector pulled from the power
    supply, from where, on the 7300, one of the fans is driven.

	Speaking of which... is it because there's only one fan active
    (I conected the one on the PS side and taped the other opening)
    that it whizes on the "second gear"?  The whine is really anoying.
    Help.  Working on hardware is not my fort\'e, but I was even
    thinking about soldering the other fan where HD connector on the
    7300 went, so before I do something foolish, wreck havoc with
    noise (and posibly not achieve the needed result), someone tell
    me the easy solution ;-)  Thanks.

	On the upside: the OBM does not oscillate(sp?) "endlessly"
    as it did with the 7300 motherboard.

	BTW, Thad, if you're reading this, have you managed to work
    out the details in your outboard-white-big-monitor project?
    I'm very interested in doing the same (stuffing a motherboard
    into a separate box)... especially now... this "air blower" is
    ready for take-off.

    -Mariusz
INET: Mariusz at fbits.ttank.com
CIS : 71601.2430 at compuserve.com
UUCP: ..!uunet!zardoz!ttank!fbits!Mariusz