OSU archives need an active maintainer

Lenny Tropiano lenny at risctakr.austin.ibm.com
Mon Mar 18 11:40:12 AEST 1991

In article <1991Mar17.195839.7034 at athena.mit.edu> pschmidt at athena.mit.edu
(Peter H. Schmidt) writes:
>With some hesitation, I would like to suggest that Lenny turn over the
>administration of the OSU archives to another volunteer.

Sorry for the silence folks.  Work and my personal life has taken a good deal
more time these days, and getting to news (at home) has become a bit of
a chore.  I've been watching over comp.sys.3b1 for anything interesting ...
It's not that I don't care, it's that I just don't have the time these days.

I agree with Peter, and already have taken the necessary steps to do that.
Andy Heffernan (ahh at glyph.kingston.ny.us) is taking over my FAQ posting that
I started back last year.  He volunteered for that.  Thanks!

David Brierley (our very own comp.sources.3b1 moderator) has volunteered to
keep OSU-CIS up-to-date (since he's already doing it for the comp.sources.3b1
archives there).  Personally I'm not sure what needs to go there that hasn't
been posted to comp.sources.3b1, and that is being archived automagically.
But nevertheless, Dave volunteered to look over OSU.

>Let me be clear in saying that I am not trying to lay any sort of blame here.
>In fact, I'd like to take this opportunity to thank Lenny for his work on OSU,
>and all his ICUS efforts with Gil; they have contributed substantially to the
[...]
Gil and I both thank everyone for their continued praise and support.  We're
just moving on to other things these days.  I'll always have a 3B1 around...
and anyone is welcome to drop me a line, or question ... I'll try my best
to get back to mail.

>However, situations change, and we're all probably familiar with the
[...]
That's true, situations do change... very much.  After moving from New York
to Texas, that was definitely the case.  I thought I could handle it all, but
*life* comes first before life here on netnews ...

Thanks again folks... I can be reached at IBM also these days...

--
Lenny Tropiano
Internet  : lenny at risctakr.austin.ibm.com
IBM V-Net : AUSVM8(TROPIANO)