mgr diffs posted to comp.sources.3b1

David B. Thomas dt at yenta.alb.nm.us
Mon May 27 03:11:41 AEST 1991

Okay!  At long last, I've posted the diffs to mgr to add two new capabilities:

1. If NOSTARTREK is defined at compile time, the startrek demo is
not compiled in, significantly reducing the size of the executable
and not hogging cpu if you have mgr start unattended.

2. If BLANKING is defined at compile time, the screen will blank auto-
matically if no keyboard or mouse activity occurs for five minutes.
Also, "blank screen now" has been added to the main menu.  The blanking
behavior can be changed by sending escape codes to any window as follows:

		warning: very short times can cause problems.
<esc>0*		blank screen now -- does not affect blanking interval
<esc>-1*	set blanking interval to infinity (disables blanking)

The way I coded things, the screen will wake up if the mouse is moved, or
if a keypress is detected.  The keypress is not removed from the input stream.
Also, the screen will wake up if any window exposes itself, is created, is
destroyed, or beeps.  Ordinary output to a window does not wake the screen,
so you can keep that clock program :-)

Try 'em out, and let me know if you have any problems.  This is the first
time I've posted diffs.

						little david
--
Unix is not your mother.