Problems compiling on the 3b1

Forrie Aldrich forrie at morwyn.UUCP
Thu May 2 02:40:42 AEST 1991

I have been having some rather strange problems trying to compile programs
on my 3b1 recently.  I attempted to remedy the problem by reloading the
Development set and reinstalling the tam fix from FIXDISK2, but still seem
to be having the same problems.

I just tried to compile the latest version of MUSH (7.2.2) and the loader
came out complaining that it couldn't find the symbols 'clearok' or
'scrollok' from libcurses.a or something.  I have _never_ had any problems
compiling MUSH before.

I tried using the standard out-of-the-box CC, SHCC, and got some interesting
conflicts when I used gcc1.39.  With GCC, it told me that it couldn't find
the symbol '_doprnt.o', which is called form doprnt.o from libc.a....

With all these attempts, I have absolutely no idea what to do... it's getting
to be a bit ridiculous as well.  I subsequently tried to compile the program
MAPMEM from the OSU-CIS archives.... and it came up with some missing symbols
from libcurses.a again.  And get this:  it told me that there was a syntax
error in my copy of /usr/include/curses.h!  My friend sent me a copy of his,
and now it doesn't complain about it.  I am the ONLY user on this system,
therefore there were no changes made to any header files.

Any ideas?

Forrie
--
Forrest Aldrich, Jr.|   ...uunet!eci!morwyn!forrie       |forrie at morywn.UUCP