COMPILER PROBLEMS (revisited)

Forrie Aldrich forrie at morwyn.UUCP
Thu May 9 01:06:41 AEST 1991

I resolved my former curses problem by reloading the Development
set package disk.  Now whenever I compile programs with curses,
the loader complains of common symbols being redefined all over
the place.

Next:  when it finally tries to finish it's loading, the loader will
complain that it can't find the symbol 'setvbuf' or '_doprnt' from
libcurses.a.  Now I _know_ that these symbols are in libc.a, but
for some reason, it's not finding them there...

To try and remedy the situation, I TRIED to use the SHLIB program from
the OSU-CIS archives, and it worked according to directions the author
sent me, but when I went to compile programs, I had tons of problems,
so I promptly undid that change.

HELP!

Thanks,

Forrie
--
Forrest Aldrich, Jr.|   ...uunet!eci!morwyn!forrie       |forrie at morywn.UUCP