unix-pc rmgroup due next week

DoN Nichols dnichols at ceilidh.beartrack.com
Mon May 20 05:20:28 AEST 1991

In article <1991May18.124144.3192 at skypod.uucp> scott at skypod.uucp (Scott Campbell) writes:
>In article <1991May16.053820.26650 at chance.UUCP> john at chance.UUCP (John R. MacMillan) writes:
>>|I don't understand where this attitude is coming from... There was a VOTE

	[ ... ]

>In case anyone forgot, the rules for "formal votes" only count for the
>mainstream groups, not alternative groups like unix-pc.  The vote to
>CREATE comp.sys.3b1 was valid but not the vote to REMOVE unix-pc.*
>
>just my  US$0.16 worth...
>
>scott
>
>ps. I'm not deleting the group.

	I have already unaliased the unix-pc.* groups on my machine. (I feed
nobody.)  I would request that those who keep unix-pc.* around to please
also unalias it, especially those sites running B-news.  I have no objection
to those who so desire keeping it around, but I would rather not have
systems shoehorning "unix on a pc" artilces from there (where I can read or
ignore as I desire) into the comp.sys.3b1 group. where I cannot see any
reason for the mistaken posting to occur.

	Since I am a leaf node, I'll probably keep the groups in my active
file for a while to see if there IS any traffic once the aliasing stops
muddying the waters, but there will be no POSTINGS in those groups from this
site.

	Please, let us not start a flame war over something like this.

	Thanks
		DoN.

--
Donald Nichols (DoN.)		| Voice (Days):	(703) 664-1585
D&D Data			| Voice (Eves):	(703) 938-4564