help wrt UUCP between 3B1 OBM and TB

Bruce D. Becker bdb at becker.UUCP
Tue May 7 00:10:12 AEST 1991

In article <1502 at das13.snide.com> dave at das13.snide.com (Dave Snyder) writes:
|         The only way for an OBM to connect to a Telebit is to have the
|Telebit allow auto-bauding.  I remember hearing of someone that rewrote
|getty (or was it uugetty?).  I'm pretty sure that this getty (or whatever)
|solved the problem with out auto-bauding.

	There is a uugetty which works with Telebits
	such that it looks at the modems connect message
	to find out which "gettydefs" entry to use.
	Currently the code is in "alpha" state and is
	tailored for 3B1's, although plans are afoot
	to generalize it for other versions of Unix
	and perhaps other modems (hayes-clones, etc).

--
  ,u,	 Bruce Becker	Toronto, Ontario
a /i/	 Internet: bdb at becker.UUCP, bruce at gpu.utcs.toronto.edu
 `\o\-e	 UUCP: ...!utai!mnetor!becker!bdb
 _< /_	 "The really important problems require greater earnestness" - J. Cage