Single user mode

Chris Rende car at ramecs.UUCP
Sat May 4 13:31:28 AEST 1991

When I use "/etc/shutdown" I get the message telling me to press RETURN
to reboot. I'd like the system to go into single user mode instead.
(With a shell). Then, "init 2" could be used to start the system back up.

Who/what is detecting the transition into single user mode and displaying
that message? And how can it be changed?

I did a quick scan of wmgr, smgr, ph, init, shutdown, and the kernel and
couldn't find it.

car.
--
Christopher A. Rende           Central Cartage (Nixdorf/Pyramid/SysVR2/BSD4.3)
uunet!edsews!rphroy!trux!car   Multics,DTSS,Unix,Shortwave,Scanners,UnixPC/3B1