unix-pc rmgroup due next week

Bruce D. Becker bdb at becker.UUCP
Fri May 17 21:53:01 AEST 1991

In article <1991May15.145918.13958 at murdoch.acc.Virginia.EDU> jon at turing.acs.virginia.edu (Jon Gefaell) writes:
|In article <100419 at becker.UUCP> bdb at becker.UUCP (Bruce D. Becker) writes:
|>
|>	Nevertheless, I've decided that I don't
|>	have the right to interfere with any of
|>	those uses, as inefficient as it may be
|>	viewed by anyone not using them...
|>

|>--
|>  ,u,	 Bruce Becker	Toronto, Ontario
|>a /i/	 Internet: bdb at becker.UUCP, bruce at gpu.utcs.toronto.edu
|> `\o\-e	 UUCP: ...!utai!mnetor!becker!bdb
|> _< /_	 "It's the death of the net as we know it (and I feel fine)" - R.A.M.
|

|I don't understand where this attitude is coming from... There was a VOTE
|and in keeping with that FORMAL vote, the old groups need to be removed.
|
|It is counterproductive to the goals and intents of the users of these
|groups that you, Mr. Becker, unilateraly decide (for no apparently good
|reason, by your admission) to throw a spanner in the work. RMGROUP THEM
|
|Please.

	FORMAL votes apply ONLY to the "big 7", i.e.
	"comp, misc, news, rec, sci, soc, talk".
	"unix-pc" isn't part of the formal UseNet,
	it's just using the same facilities, just
	like "biz, bionet, vmsnet, alt, gnu, ...".

	There was substantial difference of opinion
	among the members of "unix-pc" as to its
	eventual demise - I'm merely providing for
	the (admittedly minority) concerns of those
	who felt that it should remain.

	Also I suppose that if the "Unix-on-a-PC"
	crowd started using it, the eventual outcome
	might be to the common good, since it might
	lead to a lessening dependence on the evil
	drug msdos 8^)...

--
  ,u,	 Bruce Becker	Toronto, Ontario
a /i/	 Internet: bdb at becker.UUCP, bruce at gpu.utcs.toronto.edu