WANTED: Ethernet Card and Software

Bruce Lilly bruce at balilly
Tue May 14 02:11:18 AEST 1991

In article <1208 at kimbal.lynn.ma.us> rick at kimbal.lynn.ma.us (Rick Kimball) writes:
>  I'm interested in
>buying an Ethernet card, software and documentation.  [ ... ]
>
>I've seen articles that refer to Wollongong software.  What utilities
>are available?  Are all the standard BSD things there like ftp,
>telnet, rlogin, rsh, rcp?  What about development libraries?  Can I
>develop socket based programs?

So far, yes to everything, although it's buggy (based on 4.2BSD code) and
slow (very slow). (no inetd or syslogd, although these can be ported to
the 3B1. note also that the Willgowrong stuff doesn't support "UNIX domain
sockets")

> What about RPC stuff.  How about
>NFS?

No way.

--
	Bruce Lilly		blilly!balilly!bruce at sonyd1.Broadcast.Sony.COM