corrupted phone database

guy.r.berentsen guy at cbnewsc.att.com
Tue May 7 08:58:09 AEST 1991

In article <170 at ureka.UUCP>, charlie at ureka.UUCP (charlie crassi) writes:

> Now I need to recover the corrupted file to retrieve all of the private
> unlisted and business contact phone numbers. I could write a getc putc
> routine to retreive the ascii portions and reconstruct the database again
> but I don't want to if someone else has already figured this mess out.
>
> Any help would be appreciated :-)
> --
> charlie

I had the same problem and wrote a short program to do an ascii
dump of the complete directory, including deleted entries.
I printed this out and reeentered anything I needed by hand.
(This was alot easier than tring to rebuild
the whole file.)
I could Email or post the recovery program if anyone wants it.

The .phdir file structure is documented in one of the manuals.

Guy Berentsen
att!ihlpf!guy