RFS or NFS on the 3B1...

Charles Tryon bilbo at bisco.kodak.com
Fri May 3 06:10:07 AEST 1991

In article <290 at hawkeye.UUCP> mps at hawkeye.UUCP (snyder) writes:
>i *THINK* that in the Sun Users Group (SUG) distributions recently there was
>a distribution of source for the RPC/XDR (Remote Procedure Call/eXternal Data
>Representation) libraries used on suns...

  This is true.  I have never seen the sources for this stuff (I use Suns
  at work), but I've been told you can get it.  I have used XDR quite a bit,
  and it's a pretty neat package.

  (Nice way to get everyone to accept your software as "Standard" -- give
  it away.  I've even used XDR on the IBM RS (RISC) computers, and the
  header files are straight from Sun.)

--
Chuck Tryon
    bilbo at bisco.kodak.com                                     B. Baggins

  "Swagger knows no upper bound, but the laws of physics remain unimpressed."
                                                            (D. Mocsny)