need 2.11 news & rn for 3b1

John R. MacMillan john at chance.UUCP
Fri May 3 00:09:09 AEST 1991

|I'd like to run 2.11 news and rn on my 3b1, but I can't seem to get either
|of them to compile cleanly.  I also probably don't have all the most recent
|patches...

I know this isn't really what you asked, but C News compiles and runs
fine on the 3b1.  And it's fast; when chance isn't doing anything else
it can unbatch about 3 articles a second.

If you want I can send you my build.def file (default configuration
options for the 3b1), or I believe Mark Dapoz <mdapoz at hybrid.UUCP>
posted his some time ago.

As for rn, I haven't compiled plain rn for a while, but trn (threaded
rn) compiled fine.