unix-pc rmgroup due next week

Chris Lewis clewis at ferret.ocunix.on.ca
Fri May 17 05:47:23 AEST 1991

In article <1991May16.053820.26650 at chance.UUCP> john at chance.UUCP (John R. MacMillan) writes:
||I don't understand where this attitude is coming from... There was a VOTE
||and in keeping with that FORMAL vote, the old groups need to be removed.

||It is counterproductive to the goals and intents of the users of these
||groups that you, Mr. Becker, unilateraly decide (for no apparently good
||reason, by your admission) to throw a spanner in the work. RMGROUP THEM

||Please.

|I hate to sound like a shit-disturber, but don't forget, in spite of
|voting guidelines and all that, Usenet is essentially an anarchy, and
|if Bruce doesn't want to honour the rmgroup, well, so what?  That's
|his prerogative as a sysadmin, and it doesn't ``throw a spanner in the
|works'', unless a lot of people feel like he does, in which case the
|group might as well be kept around for those people.

Normally, you're right - after all, who cares whether Bruce has an extra
empty directory and active file entry.  On the other hand, Bruce is the
guy who keeps newgrouping alt.swedish.chef.bork.bork.bork.
Chris Lewis, Phone: (613) 832-0541, Domain: clewis at ferret.ocunix.on.ca
UUCP: ...!cunews!latour!ecicrl!clewis; Ferret Mailing List:
ferret-request at eci386; Psroff (not Adobe Transcript) enquiries:
psroff-request at eci386 or Canada 416-832-0541.  Psroff 3.0 in c.s.u soon!