v42bis 2400baud at 960cps throughput!!!

Bruce Lilly bruce at balilly
Sat May 18 08:39:13 AEST 1991

In article <159 at beyonet.UUCP> beyo at beyonet.UUCP (Steve Urich) writes:
>	ACUM24,eg     tty000
>

>	Thats it! However you must be using a error detection modem or
>	you will have problems.
>
>	Does anyone know why this works and what would happen if you
>	change the ',eg' to ',ee' or ',ge'???

e protocol is designed for use over an error-free channel, such as TCP/IP.
Specifying ",eg" says to use e protocol first if it is supported, then g
protocol (if e is not supported by the remote system). ",ee" is nonsense
(only e protocol would be used, and it makes no sense to repeat the e),
",ge" says to use g protocol if it is supported (I've never seen a uucico
that didn't support g protocol), then fall back to e -- in practice this
means that g protocol will always be used.
--
	Bruce Lilly		blilly!balilly!bruce at sonyd1.Broadcast.Sony.COM