att7300/README file on osu-cis has been updated

David H. Brierley dave at galaxia.Newport.RI.US
Tue May 7 13:26:51 AEST 1991

I just finished updating the att7300/README file on osu-cis to reflect the
file reorganization.  As a convenience, I am now supplying the README file
in two forms.  The traditional README file contains a list of all the files
in the archive and a brief description of each file.  The new file is
called README.quick and it simply contains a list of all the files with no
descriptions.  This file could be retrieved on a periodic basis and
compared with the previous version to quickly find out what is new or
changed.  The traditional README file is available both compressed and
uncompressed, the new file is only available in compressed form.

As I was creating the new README I noticed several things.  First, not all
of my choices for what directory to put things in made sense upon being
reviewed.  This will be corrected over the next few weeks.  If you notice
any files that you think belong in different directories than the one I put
them in please let me know because I might not have noticed them.

Second, many of the programs could use better descriptions.  Lenny did a
fantastic job with creating the original README file (or perhaps whoever
Lenny got it from) but writing descriptions for over 300 programs is a
tedious task and after a while the descriptions get a little terse.  What I
would like is to get a few volunteers who would scan through the list and
pick a dozen or so programs and write up better descriptions for them.  If
you would be willing to help out in this effort please let me know via
e-mail.

The third thing that I noticed is that a fair number of the programs are
out of date.  Many of the programs I have updated versions of already and I
will be replacing the old programs over the next month or so, but I don't
have copies of everything.  If you notice something in the list that is out
of date, and you either have or know of a site where it can be retrieved
via uucp or ftp (preferrably ftp), please let me know.
--
David H. Brierley
Home: dave at galaxia.newport.ri.us; Work: dhb at quahog.ssd.ray.com
Send comp.sources.3b1 submissions to comp-sources-3b1 at galaxia.newport.ri.us
%% Can I be excused, my brain is full. **