HFC saga: offer of a definitive answer

Jonathan Clark[drew] jhc at ulysses.att.com
Fri May 31 11:33:14 AEST 1991

As the author of the 3.51 tty driver (plus the various HFC patches to
the earlier releases) and the person who ported HDB UUCP to the UNIX PC,
I think I am qualified to answer the various questions which have been
raised here.

Unfortunately, I don't subscribe to any of these groups, so I only found
out about the discussion secondhand. If some kind soul will bundle up the
thread and mail it to me, I will endeavour to post definitive answers.
Note that it's been some time since I even looked at this code and my
memory is likely to be faulty. But I think I have the kernel source
lying around here somewhere.

Jonathan Clark
jhc at ulysses.att.com, attmail!jonathan

The Englishman never enjoys himself except for some noble purpose.