term files for nroff under 3.5 dev. system

DoN Nichols dnichols at ceilidh.beartrack.com
Sun May 12 13:04:43 AEST 1991

In article <284 at wmms.UUCP> david at wmms.UUCP (David R. Mayne) writes:

	[ ... ]

>On another point: In Gnu groff, is it possible to use dot-matrix
>printers with some form of driver for output devices, ...

	The 3b1 comes with some dvi drivers for various dot-matrix printers,
and groff has a post-processor which produces dvi output.  Should work, but
I haven't tested it, since I have a HP Laserjet with a PacificPage
Postscript cartridge,

>                                                 ...  and will the
>current macro packages (mm,mt,man,etc) work with groff ?

	There are replacement macro packages supplied with groff 1.0.  They
are:  man, me mgs (ms replacement), as well a several macro packages for use
with special cases (pic, dvi, postscript, tty output).  I just linked the
tmac.gs file to tmac.s, to allow me to use the -ms command line option.  At
least the tmac.gs package contains warnings not to use it with normal
troff/nroff.  For the other packages, you can use the -C mode (backward
compatablility), if you don't need any of the extra features groff offers.

	Good Luck
		DoN.

--
Donald Nichols (DoN.)		| Voice (Days):	(703) 664-1585
D&D Data			| Voice (Eves):	(703) 938-4564