command.com

Bruce A. Yanagida yanagida at ole.UUCP
Fri Dec 12 05:09:55 AEST 1986

       I have  two problems  with  command.com on  my ATT  6300  running
       MS-DOS v2.11.

       First, I want to have command.com  load from my C: drive  instead
       of A:.  I have tried putting the line:

       SHELL=C:\COMMAND.COM /E:512 /P

       in my config.sys file.  I also put the line:

       SET COMSPEC=C:\COMMAND.COM

       in my autoexec.bat file.   However, all that  does is give me  an
       error message "Command search directory not found", or  something
       like that, when I reboot.

       Second, I would really like to increase my environment space so I
       can set a reasonable PATH variable.  Has anyone else  tried this?
--

Bruce A. Yanagida
Seattle Silicon

UUCP:  ...!uw-beaver!tikal!ole!yanagida